Cash App is making crypto accessible to tons of new users, but right now they only have support for one token. Sadly, Bitcoin’s top contestant, Ethereum isn’t supported on Cash App, but it’s still pretty easy to convert your tokens thanks to the Withdrawal feature. With that said, here’s everything you need to know to turn Bitcoin to Ethereum from Cash App.
First, you will need to verify your identity
Cash App needs more information from users when they are withdrawing Bitcoin than when they are purchasing it. We have made an in depth guide on how to withdraw, what you can do with your Bitcoin and why you might want to take your funds out, but here I will summarize the info.
- On the page where it shows your balance, click “Bitcoin”
- Then click “Withdraw Bitcoin” underneath the Bitcoin Balance
- From here, the app will ask you some slightly intrusive questions, have your photo ID, source of income and a smile ready
- Input your photo ID through the camera and take a picture of your face, without anything blocking facial features
- Wait about 24 hours for verificaiton
Send it to a place where you can convert to Ethereum
When it comes to converting to Ethereum we would recommend Coinbase if you have a small balance or Exodus wallet if you have over $40. Exodus wallet requires way less hassle, and is more secure. Coinbase will require similar verification of identity, but has more features for exchanging and automatic purchases.
- Go back to the “Withdraw Bitcoin” button, it should work now
- On Coinbase or Exodus, find your Ethereum portfolio and click “Deposit”
- You can either take a picture of the QR code or copy the address
- Taking a picture is easier, just hold your camera up to the QR code
- Copying is easy if you are in the apple ecosystem – if you copy on one device, it should be able to be pasted on another
- Verify the amount you would like to withdraw
- Wait until the transaction is validated on the blockchain – 15 to 30 minutes
Convert Bitcoin to Ethereum on Exodus
Exodus is the easiest way to convert Bitcoin to Ethereum because you won’t need to give any personal information to the application. We wrote a guide on how to set it up that you can find here.
- When the Bitcoin is in your wallet, click exchange
- The page will be on Bitcoin to Ethereum by default, but if it isn’t, select it
- Select how much Bitcoin you would like to convert
- Confirm the transaction
- Wait up to 30 minutes for the transaction to validate
Convert Bitcoin to Ethereum on Coinbase
Coinbase will take a little more time to set up, but once you do, you have access to a full fledged exchange, buying other coins with cash and setting up automatic purchases. We don’t have a guide to setting up a Coinbase account right now, but will update this in the future if we make one. If you figured out Cash App, Coinbase shouldn’t be very difficult.
- On the top row of menu options, click “Prices”
- Select Bitcoin, then on the page it takes you to, find the option to “Convert”
- It will automatically be set to convert Bitcoin to Ethereum, if not, select that option
- Enter how much Bitcoin you would like to convert and press “Convert Bitcoin”
- Verify the transaction
- Your funds should be available instantly